Value added logistics
Value added logistics (VAL) are a combination of logistics and industrial activities. They are implemented to customize products to meet individual European country requirements.
Ideally, such operations are carried out as much as possible downstream in the supply chain.
They should increase the producer’s market flexibility and reduce logistic costs and obsolescence risks. VAL are mainly implemented in combination with European Distribution Centers for the
execution of customization and localization activities further downstream the supply chain.
Value added logistics can be divided into two groups as part of postponed manufacturing:
– General VAL for products for the pan-European market place
– VAL to customize the products per country, region and market segment
Freightways has the options to perform Value added logistics activities at their warehouse and these are mainly
performed during the order assembly or – in case of larger quantities – as a project.
Our specialized services in part or as a total package:
– One organization with a proven track record to handle your complete supply chain.
– Simplified communications for all services.
– Status and updates of all services provided are readily available.
– Value added logistics
– Translations (brochures, manuals, warranties etc.) can be provided for West- and East-European languages.
– Re-packing, repair, in warranty service, inspection, return service, invoicing, collections and Value Added Tax (VAT) reconciliation and submission are all available in addition to regular warehousing and logistics services.
– Printing of sales promotion materials, brochures and catalogs tailored to the European market is available as well as assisting your company with Trade Show participation.