Dutch Entity Administration

Importing organic goods into the EU

When importing organic products into the European Union, the owner of the goods must act as their own importer of record (IOR). Freightways holds a SKAL licence for storing organic goods, not for import or trade. These are separate licences. As a company trading in organic goods and importing them into The Netherlands, being their own importer of record, an EU-based entity will need to be established.  This is of importance for SKAL’s records as the goods are imported into the EU, stored (at Freightways) and forwarded again (sold by your EU entity). This makes the goods traceable for SKAL. Your goods can not be imported into the EU while your entity holding the import licence is established outside of the EU. More information on obtaining licences for your EU entity can be found here

Freightways can help you set up your EU entity in The Netherlands. After which we will take care of its activities. All of this is part of our Dutch Entity Administration service. Below is a description of how this works and what it includes. 

Setting up your dutch entity

The registration and set-up of your Dutch entity will be done by a partner lawyer and notary firm of ours. It is important to note that the VAT charged can be reclaimed which is part of our Dutch Entity Administration service. After the entity is set up we will start up the process of obtaining the necessary SKAL licences for import and trade. 

What does our dea service include?

Your Dutch entity will need 1 active, local staff member as SKAL does not accept letterbox firms to hold a licence. All regular business activities will need to be performed such as invoicing, reporting to the tax authorities and annual financial statements. Freightways’ managing director can act as your active staff member. As such she will perform the following tasks:

1.      Register procurement. This includes all invoices directed to your Dutch entity including those for Freightways’ warehousing, distribution and handling services. Should staff members of your company visit The Netherlands this then also includes the costs for their hotel, car rental, meals etc. All VAT charged on these invoices can and will be reclaimed by your Dutch entity.

2.       Register sales for every outbound shipment from Freightways’ warehouse.

3.       Reporting VAT

4.       Reporting to the Central Bureau for Statistics (CBS)

5.       Managing bank statements for the purpose of the annual financial statement. Your Dutch entity naturally requires a Dutch bank account. Freightways will need insight into this account though not necessarily be able to action payments.

6.       Weekly report on accounts receivable and possibly sending a reminder of payment.

7.       Reporting One Stop Shop, only applicable for B2C sales

8.       Creating the annual financial statement. This is done externally by our accounting firm. Alternatively this could be done by an accounting firm of your choice. 

more information

We are happy to provide you with more information on our Dutch Entity Administration service. Please contact us and ask away.