Tax and customs services

Tax and Customs Services

Both an integrated European market and one currency, the Euro, have made it easy for foreign companies to enter the European market and behave as a European company.

Freightways Tax and Customs Services specialize in all the technical aspects fiscal and customs required for international supply chains flows. Freightways represents foreign companies for both EU, fiscal (VAT) and customs requirements.

In The Netherlands a foreign entrepreneur can represent himself by a tax representative. He acts on behalf of the foreign entrepreneur with regards to the declaration and payment of Dutch VAT and other administrative obligations. Including listing and declaration for the Central Bureau of Statistics.

Tax and Customs Services

Value Added Tax at Import

In The Netherlands it is possible to shift payment of VAT at import. By appointing a tax representative, a foreign entrepreneur can also avail himself of this possibility in The Netherlands. 

On behalf of the foreign entrepreneur the tax representative performs the periodic domestic declaration of VAT, in which the VAT due upon import is stated. In the same declaration, however, this VAT due is deducted again. Thus nothing is paid on balance. In the normal import declaration VAT must be paid back simultaneously with the import. This can be claimed back from the Tax Department. The possibility of applying this arrangement entails a major liquidity and financial advantage of the foreign entrepreneur.

Tax Representatives “limited and general”

A licence for a tax representative is only granted by the Dutch Tax Department under certain conditions. The tax representative’s administration must be sound enough to enable an adequate check of the foreign entrepreneur’s actions.The tax representative is also liable for the tax due and the accompanying interests on levy and collection as well as administrative fines. The tax representative must also give security. 

There are 2 forms of representation: “Tax representative with a limited license” and “Tax representative with a general license”. 

For more specific information see our download page or contact us.